The blackjack game has withstood time better than most casino games since it dates back to the 16th century. Blackjack was already mentioned in the book “Don Quixote” (published in 1605), a Roman by author Miguel de Cervantes.
Over the years, enough stories have been reinvented and told, but which are true? In any case, it is always interesting to put some facts about casino games on the table. Below you will find a number of blackjack facts in a row. We trust you do not know much of them and will be amazed.
Interesting facts about blackjack.
- Blackjack was called “vingt-et-un” in French casinos around 1700. This literally means: Twenty-one.
- Napoleon Bonaparte preferred to play blackjack than any other card game.
- There are around 140 countries in the world with casinos that offer blackjack.
- 20 is the second best hand in blackjack.
- 16 is the worst hand in blackjack, followed by 15 as the second worst.
- 11 is the third best hand in blackjack.
Check this out: Spinland Casino Online Review.
- Mathematically, the dealer will win 48 hands out of 100 hands. The player wins 44 and the game is spelled 8 times. Why does the dealer win more hands? Because the dealer is always the last.
- Card counters can be shown in casinos.
- Blackjack dealers in casinos only earn the minimum wage. That is why it is important to tip so that they have more income.
- There is a “Blackjack Hall of Game”. It honors well-known blackjack experts, authors and professional blackjack players who have contributed a lot to the game. This “Hall of Fame” is located in the Barona Casino in San Diego (Calfornia).
- The next time you see a deck with blackjack cards, think like it’s a calendar:
- There are 52 cards in the deck and 52 weeks in a year.
- There are four suits in the deck and four seasons in a year.
- There are 12 cards with an image and 12 months.
Read also: Play Live Casino with real Live Dealers.
- A blackjack player has the choice of six options at the start of a hand, including: Hit, Stand, Split, Double Down, Insurance bet and Surrender.
- Mathematically speaking, the dealer’s average is a point total of just over 18.
- Statistically it is bad to take an insurance bet. You lose more often than you win.
- The shoe was invented around 1950 (Cuba). This is where the dealer takes the cards from and hands out.
- Blackjack is a game where you compete against the dealer and not other players.
- Some casinos allow the dealer to take a card on a ‘Soft 17’. It is better that the dealer must stay on all points total of 17. A Soft 17 includes an Ace, where the Ace counts as 11 instead of 1.
- It costs a dealer an average of 7 shakes of the deck to have a completely random new deck.
- The game rules are very important. These have a lot of influence on the house advantage of the casino.
- Blackjack is the only game where you can get ahead of the casino by counting cards.
Want to play blackjack with real live dealer? Try out one of these casinos.
100% BONUS UP TO 100 + 300 EXTRA SPINS.
18+ T&C Apply
200% BONUS UP TO 500 + 100 EXTRA SPINS.
18+ T&C Apply